The most requested features since CoGe 1.0 released were related the movie controls, such as playback movies with audio and also rooting of the audio channels, hold/blank frame at movie’s end, scratching and more.
So after the 1.2.1 release, I started designing and developing a custom plugin for Quartz Composer – since CoGe plays media files through QC – which uses the QTKit and Quicktime frameworks, makes those functions working and well, implements a kind of talkback with CoGe. After spending almost one hundred hours on development, I came up with a solution, yay!
In CoGe 1.3, you’ll meet this new movie Player module, with the name CoGeMovie, and it has the following functions:
- plays the audio channel of movies
- you can select the destination audio device, ie. audio routing
- adds a slider for view and control movies current position (playhead)
- loop, mirrored loop functions, also no loop function with hold blank/last frame at loops end, or trigger next slot
- start a loop from the last played position on trigger
Better the see it in action:
That’s all for now guys, hope you found this useful, and wanna try it yourself tomorrow, after CoGe 1.3 will be released!